Search form

Time to do a 2d stick figure or little better figure animation ( I Know skills etc.)

2 posts / 0 new
Last post
Time to do a 2d stick figure or little better figure animation ( I Know skills etc.)

Hey there. 

I'm going to start new project with series of animations (1-3 minutes). I am completely newbie and I just figure out how to do a simple stick figure animation in Adobe Animate. First of all , i know that all depends from a skills and passion, more you practice , better you are however, my project need to be defined from the beginning and important thing for me is to decide how im going to draw characters. Fastest thing to do for me is just to draw simple stick figures like this ;

However, the series I want to make is about story and personalities as well, so it is kinda hard for me to put deep personality into such simple figure. So i thought about something more entertaining and make something like this; 

The thing which I want to do might involve many characters at once on one scene so i wanted to ask you guys is it even possible to animate so many simple , but not so simple at all for a one guy doing series of animations once a week for example. I know, i will try both types of drawing anyway but i've just invented this idea and i am waiting for my drawpad to come so i wanted to gather some knowledge. I just want to know how much time takes even for a decent animator to draw such simple and little bit more than simple figures. I'm also need to add background etc. 

Kind Regards

K.G

I have heard different thing,

I have heard different thing, when it comes to time to produce a character. There is a library technic, you build up a large roaster of images so you can past them in. I have seen cartoon series that use simple geometric character design, allow a fast production of that character.